Monday, April 22, 2013

Post-CBT and More

This weekend was definitely very exciting and busy! The second round of closed beta testing for Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn was fantastic and I'm looking forward to hopefully participating in more testing. I can't, unfortunately, discuss the game because of confidentiality agreements, but I'll post my thoughts once Square Enix says I can. I look forward to seeing how the game fleshes out and what the final product will look like, at the very least.

Guild Wars 2 also had a free weekend of play for people who haven't tried the game yet. So, naturally, I jumped on the band wagon on that one. I'd been wanting the game for months now, as I had played on my boyfriend's account and loved it. Of course, I loved it just as much (if not more) this weekend. The good news is that my internet evidently didn't die when I tried to play it! It's a very exciting thing for me as I can't really run most MMOs without significant lag and connection drops. I seemed to have none of that this weekend.

The next step for me, of course, was to buy Guild Wars 2. "But it's $60. I can't really afford that..." I'd tell myself. Luckily for me (and for you!), the digital version of the game is on sale right now for $40. That's right, $20 off the game. I totally bought it for myself as that's a lot more feasible than the original price of the game. So expect a review of this gem in the near future, after I've played some more of it, of course! If you've wanted to play the game but, like me, couldn't afford that chunk of money to disappear from your wallet, consider picking up the game. It's on sale until the 28th and, with no subscription fees, the game pays virtually pays for itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment